Sunday, January 10, 2010

Warm Oats and Fruit


Sounds rather boring but when you're eating raw goodness this is a nice switch up from meals based around salad. I'm not totally sure that Irish steel cut oats are raw but I have some that need to be used. The method is simple: soak the oats overnight, drain off water - add a little warm water to the mix and then blend with your choice of fruit and sweetener. I used 1/2 banana and a very small amount of agave nectar then loaded the top with wild blueberries, strawberries, raisins and walnuts. I held back from putting cinnamon in because I didn't want to take away from how wonderful the oats blend -- looks just like cooked.


5 comments:

Katie said...

Nope, not raw...but delicious looking indeed! It's alright to use up non-raw items...better than wasting! I am in the same boat. I just recently went 90% raw and I am loving it! But, I do have some non-raw items that I need to use up. Just as long as I don't consume too much non-raw stuff in one day I feel pretty well. Although, when I eat all-raw, I feel amazing! I can't wait to use up all of these non-raw foods. :)

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine said...

That surely looks super delicious, it does have soaked beautifully.

janet said...

That looks so creamy and delish. I didn't realize you could eat raw oats-smacks forehead ;)

Parita said...

Good to see you back! I just bought quacker oats and this sounds yummy and easy to prepare :-)

Barbara said...

Katie is right, not raw...but it does look awesome. Another alternative, if you do want raw, is to use sprouted quinoa. I have a similar breakfast on my blog...it's really a nice change.

www.rawfullytempting.blogspot.com

check under quinoa in the index.

Great job!